Gypsy Altered Clock
Good mornin’ crafty [eeps! I am always excited to share my latest creations with you, but this one has got to be one of my most favorite projects. I love gypsy themed anything and 7 Dots Studio’s “Fortune Teller” collection is amazing!
I was in my garage the other day clearing out some containers and found a baby clock with a working pendulum that I had gotten on clearance for only 2.97. I ended up not putting it in my son’s room because his theme was Winnie the Pooh, so I had stored it away for another time and I thought it would be a really neat to alter it.
First, I took my gesso and painted the edges and sides of the clock face and set it aside to dry. Next, I grabbed a sheet of the 12 x 12 “Tarot” paper, traced a circle, cut it out, and distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz’ paper distresser.
Next I began to cut out the ephemera that I wanted to add on to my clock. I used “Soul” and the opposite side of “Tarot” to cut out the hands and other small images.
Now comes the fun part, I grabbed my Fortune Teller chipboards and a plaster Prima Baroque mold and started spraying them with my new Lindy’s Stamp Gang spray’s from Nani Ke Ola’s store. I used so many that I won’t list them here but will list them below. I also used the sprays on my “all seeing eye” ephemera card with my new “Aqua-flo Brush Set” which come in large, medium, and small brushes in one pack. These are amazing because the water is held in the base of the brush, no need to have a water cup around! Love this, so clean and neat! I can use the smallest brush to paint the finest details without making a hot mess, LOL.
While all the pieces were drying I took off the clock hands, I took my feather paper and punched a hole in the center and then adhered it to the face using Mod Podge, smoothing out any bubbles. I decided to add some ink splatters onto the feather paper using my splatter stencil from the collection. I love this stencil, but I should have thought about doing that before I glued the paper to the clock, but I made it work. Instead of paint I used a black molding paste to give it a grittier effect. I dried that with my heat gun and started to add all my ephemera pieces using Mod Podge.
I am really happy with how it turned out. I hope that this project inspires you to create some wonderful creations with this paper collection that is now one of my absolute favorites!!! Here are some additional pictures of my project. I also have a video down below that tells more of the in’s and out’s of how I altered my clock. Have a amazing scrappy week!